Saturday, April 27, 2013

HAWMC: Dropping out


I just wanted to briefly update this month's challenge. I have dropped out. I couldn't keep up! I am impressed that I stuck to it for so long, considering my level of health and the associated cognitive dysfunction that is associated at the moment.

I mean, what was I thinking?!?

The truth is I want to fight stigma and neglect the hardest I can, I want justice and I want my government to recognize the gaps in the health care system, the huge black hole that patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis have been in for over 30 years now. But it's a big task for one person, and the hill is quite steep. And doing advocacy is impeding on my health.

So with this, I raise the white flag. Beat but not defeated.


2 comments:

  1. You should feel proud. You inspire me. :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you want to do all of those things and you've been doing an excellent job - with everything you've done. I don't know how you've managed to do all that you have because I (Canadian with M.E. for 24 years) certainly couldn't. I'm so impressed by you. I want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all that you've been doing

    YOUR health, however, is the most important thing. So look after yourself.

    As for your Facebook problem, if you create an alternate email address, I can't see why you couldn't get back on. I might be wrong but it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete